In an effort to provide information to our viewers about living a healthy lifestyle, all year long, TV6 and FOX UP will be promoting the “Get Healthy” campaign. The campaign will consist of news stories and series under the umbrella of “Get Healthy.” The concept of “Get Healthy” is a big topic, and can mean everything from prenatal care education to selecting a nursing home. Diet, exercise, mental health…the list goes on and on.
Your TV6 Morning News will feature guests and live appearances with the “Get Healthy” theme. You will also see Get Healthy Tips, which will run on FOX UP, TV6 and be posted to UpperMichigan’sSource.com.
Watch for Get Healthy in 2017!
If you have a health-related topic you'd like TV6 and FOX UP to cover this year, send us an email at email@example.com with "Get Healthy" in the subject line.
Get Healthy Tips
1. Move your body every day of the week. Any movement, not just exercise, will work. The key to getting healthy is that you are moving every day.
2. Thoughts are powerful. Encourage yourself at all times with positive thought processes. Whenever you find yourself thinking negatively, turn that off and start thinking positively!
3. Give up soda and juices with lots of sugar. Drinks with sugar or high fructose corn syrup have too many empty calories. No use in drinking all your calories. Save calories and drink water, various teas or coffee (no sugar!) Food should be your primary source of calories in a get healthy diet.
4. Keep a food journal on paper, online or with an app. Studies show that people who keep food journals are more successful at getting healthy than those who don’t. Just writing down your caloric intake is helpful.
5. Eat colorful fresh vegetables and fruits. Red, green, yellow…a rainbow of colors in healthy fruits and veggies are available to you, and are the most important part of any get healthy diet. The calories you consume this way are valuable in their nutrition, and will replace those that are not. Make half your plate at any meal fruits and vegetables.
6. If you’re a smoker, become smoke free. Make a plan for the challenges you will face and keep trying your best. Seek support and talk to your doctor about medications that can double your chances of success.
7. Schedule sleep. Make sleep a priority to enjoy a more focused, energy filled lifestyle. Aim for 7-9 hours a night.
8. Take a group fitness class-Zumba, indoor cycling, and cardio dance are just a few good options.
9. Keep track of your medications. Make a list of your current medications and store it with your medical documents. Be sure to note the dosage and strength.
10. Get out and stretch. If you work in an office, get up every 90 minutes and stretch, then take a brisk walk around the building.
11. Check your sunscreen for expiration dates. Throw out and re-purchase if you need to.
12. Work on your posture when sitting. Sitting up straight can prevent back problems.
13. Park father away. Start parking as far away as you can from your office, kid’s school, the grocery store, etc. You’ll be amazed at how much extra activity you can sneak in during the course of just one month.
14. Eat Breakfast. It’s an important start to the day.