WLUC - TV6 & FOX UP is seeking a qualified Account Executive.
WLUC, a Gray Television station, has been broadcasting local news to Michigan's Upper Peninsula since 1956. WLUC is an NBC affiliate and #1 ranked in the marked. FOX UP News is #2 in this competitive five station market. With twenty-three and a half hours of local news broadcasting each week we are an established leader in the industry. Our station website www.UpperMichigansSource.com averages over 5,000,000 pagesviews per month, and our social media presence is unparalleled in the local news market with over 100,000 Facebook likes.
Generate local sales revenue and achieve established sales goals by selling Television, and Digital advertising along with other sales programs.
The right candidate will be smart, as well as a good communicator, and know how to use creativity to solve problems, develop ad campaigns, and motivate others. You’ll be given a list of current clients, but your real job will be to develop new business to grow and maintain a full customer portfolio. We offer a paid training salary, medical/dental, 401(k), vacation and other benefits including opportunity for advancement. Our commission structure will allow you to grow without limits.
And at WLUC … we like to have fun! We believe that BIG IDEAS = BIG RESULTS and we develop advertising that really works.
1. Actively sell new direct advertising clients to the station to meet established monthly/quarterly goals.
2. Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals for new business, TV6, FoxUP, Digital Platforms and sales promotions.
3. Achieve monthly/quarterly sales goals for specials and sports programming and other station sales programs.
4. Sell all regular and new business at the rate structure outlined by the Local Sales Manager /
DSM and GSM/GM
5. Meet required number of weekly sales calls and presentations.
6. Possess a working knowledge and understanding of Nielsen ratings. Present ratings information to local direct clients as well as agencies.
7. Sell sales promotion campaigns to local direct and agency clients to secure a larger share of business.
8. Other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to sell and communicate effectively .
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively.
• Ability to use creativity to solve problems.
• Ability to develop campaigns and motivate others.
• A real desire to understand your clients and their businesses.
• A thirst for ongoing learning: advertising, marketing, television, digital.
• Excellent knowledge of presentation software, MS Office products and CRM software.
• Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver’s license.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge