LANSING, Mich. (WLUC) - Governor-elect Gretchen Whitmer Monday announced additional members of the Executive Office, including Legislative Director, Policy Director, and Press Secretary.
“This team is committed to providing the resources and responsiveness the citizens of the state of Michigan expect and deserve,” said Whitmer. “Every voice in this state matters, and these individuals will help make sure all those voices are heard.”
Governor-elect Whitmer announced the following additions to the Executive Office:
• Legislative Director - Greg Bird, director of state relations at Wayne State University, former press secretary to the Speaker of the Michigan House of Representatives.
• Policy Director - Emily Laidlaw, associate at Karoub Associates and former Director of Government Relations at the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators.
• Appointments Director - Ghida Dagher, Director of Government Partnerships and Community Affairs for United Way for Southeastern Michigan.
• Constituent Services Director - Scottie Barton, Whitmer for Governor committee liaison, former executive assistant to then-Ingham County Prosecutor Whitmer.
• Scheduling Director - Mary Hannaford, Whitmer for Governor scheduler, former interim chief of staff to Senator Rebekah Warren.
• Press Secretary - Tiffany Brown, public information officer for the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, former public information officer for the Michigan State Police, and former deputy press secretary for Governor Granholm.