USA Today names Best Pasty in Michigan
Who makes the best pasty? According to USA Today the shops with top ten tastiest pasties in Michigan are mostly in the Upper Peninsula.
Voted on by the readers of USA Today; Pasty Central in Kearsarge won the number one spot from a pool of twenty nominees.
Muldoons Pasties in Munising came in second, and Joes Pasty shop in Ironwood came in third.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Pasty in Michigan are as follows:
1. Pasty Central - Kearsarge
2. Muldoon's Pasties & Gifts - Munising
3. Joe's Pasty Shop - Ironwood
4. Lehto's Pasties - St. Ignace
5. Lawry's Pasty Shop - Ishpeming and Marquette
6. Toni’s Country Kitchen - Laurium
7. Jean Kay's Pasties & Subs - Marquette
8. Superior Pasties - Livonia
9. Connie's Kitchen – Calumet
10. Amy J’s Pasty - Hancock
Other nominees for Best Pasty in Michigan included Darrow’s Family Restaurant in Mackinaw City, Dobber's Pasties in Escanaba, Gram's Pasties in Escanaba, Hiawatha Pasties in Naubinway, Hunt's Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Company in Mackinaw City, Irontown Pasties in Negaunee, The Pasty Oven in Quinnesec, The Pasty Shop in Southgate, Roy's Pasties & Bakery in Houghton and Wildwood Pasties in Moran.