ESCANABA, Mich. (WLUC) - The Escanaba Public Safety Department says deputies responded to the report of a fire in the laundry room of Northwood's Place at 2:39 a.m. Thursday morning.
Upon arrival, officers found the laundry room filled with smoke and the automated sprinkler system had been activated.
The sprinkler system was able to contain the fire to a dryer, which officers were then able to extinguish. The building sustained heavy smoke and water damage as a result of the incident.
Officers were on stand-by to assist with the evacuation of residents, which was not needed due to the sprinkler system containing the flames. No injuries were reported from the incident.
The Public Safety Department was assisted at the scene by the Delta County Sheriff's Department and Rampart EMS.