Large fire engulfs unoccupied Ishpeming home

By  | 

ISHPEMING, Mich. (WLUC) - An Ishpeming home has extensive damage after a fire broke out Sunday afternoon.

The fire happened at an unoccupied home at 600 N. First Street on the corner of N. First and E. High Street around 3 p.m. Sunday. Several firefighting units from around the area were dispatched to help put out the flames. Upon arrival, fire crews found flames and heavy smoke coming from the rear of the structure, and fire extended from the porch into the attic and roof areas.

According to the City of Ishpeming Volunteer Fire Department, there was no one inside the home at the time of the fire, and no firefighters were injured.

The home sustained heavy fire, smoke and water damage, and it was not insured according to the homeowner Michael Laurin of Ishpeming. A neighboring home's siding melted by the intense heat from the structure fire next door.

No cause for the fire has been released, as the IVFD says it is too early to say what could have started the blaze. The fire remains under investigation at this time. If anyone has any information concerning the structure fire at 600 N. First Street, please contact the City of Ishpeming Police Department at 906-486-4416.

The scene was cleared at 4:40 p.m.

The Ishpeming Volunteer Fire Department was assisted by The City of Negaunee Fire Department, Marquette County 131 Rescue and Ishpeming Police Department responded to the incident. UPPCO & SEMCO were also assisting on scene.

Watch your TV6 Late News at 11/10ct for the latest information on this fire.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus