Iron Mountain Fire Department responds to mobile home fire, house deemed inhabitable

IRON MOUNTAIN, Mich. (WLUC) - The Iron Mountain Fire Department responded to a structure fire last night, leaving the home inhabitable.

According to fire officials, it was a mobile home on 1300 Michigan Avenue, Lot 46, in the Park Ridge Mobile Home Park.

Officials arrived on scene around 9 PM and found smoke coming from the back end of the home.

After performing a 360 degree search of the home, they were able to remove siding to expose the fire. They went in through the front door and extinguished the rest of the fire.

We Energies and DTE came to shut off the electric and gas.
Officials say the fire started from the dryer, determining the cause was electrical.

The scene was cleared by 10:47 PM. No injuries were reported as the home owners were able to exit the home.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus