UPPER PENINSULA, Mich. (WLUC) - Several stores in Upper Michigan, and nationwide, are offering special hours for older adults, people who have a compromised immune system, chronic conditions, and pregnant women.
Find a list of participating businesses and hours below (alphabetically):
• Aldi - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
• Dollar General – First hour of shopping each day
• Elmers County Market – Wednesday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
• Family Fare Supermarkets – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Keweenaw Co-op – Wednesdays 9 a.m. to Noon. and Saturdays 10 a.m. to Noon (beginning April 11). Senior discounts will be honored for each "Senior Only Hours" days. Curbside shopping is also available for more vulnerable populations.
• Marquette Food Co-op – Hasn't announced specific hours, but has made other operational changes, like extended curbside pick-up and customer store limitations at a time.
• Meijer (store and pharmacy) – Tuesday and Thursday from 7 to 8 a.m.
• Pat's Foods – Tuesdays and Fridays 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., all locations.
• Settlers' Co-op in Bruce Crossing is limiting shoppers and times in the store.
• SuperOne Foods – 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. each day is reserved for senior citizens, expectant mothers, those with underlying health conditions and those with compromised immune systems. This special time to shop for these individuals is a request.
• Tadych's Econofoods – No specific hours have been announced.
• Target – First hour on Wednesdays
• Walgreens – Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Walmart – Tuesday from 6 to 7 a.m.
• Louie's Fresh Markets – Thursdays from 7 to 8 a.m. and 10% senior discount
If you have a grocery or convenience store with specific hours for the elderly, pregnant women other populations, or comments or conerns, please email information to email@example.com.