UPPER PENINSULA, Mich. (WLUC) - UPDATE: Tuesday, December 4:
Flagstar Bank, who welcomed Wells Fargo Bank customers of the Upper Peninsula over the weekend, released a statement regarding the rough transition. The full statement from a Flagstar Bank is below.
"Here’s what happened:
The conversion of 52 branches of Wells Fargo Bank to Flagstar bank branches over the weekend resulted in frustration and inconvenience for some of our customers. Most of the issues centered around access to flagstar.com, access to Flagstar online banking, and debit cards either not received or not working. These factors combined to create an overflow of calls to our customer service line, creating even more frustration for our customers.
Here’s what we are doing today:
• We have corrected the issues with flagstar.com.
• We have updated flagstar.com/welcome with specific steps and instructions for logging in the first time.
• We’ve brought on a significant number of people to provide extra support in our call center.
• We are reversing any late or overdraft fees caused by these issues.
• We will be delivering debit cards to customers within 24-48 hours of their request, depending on the time of day the request is received.
• We have plenty of cash and instant-issue ATM cards at our branches to help with customers’ immediate needs. Plus, customers can use their cards fee-free at Allpoint and Presto network ATMs. These are available at most CVS, Walgreens, Target, Kroger, Publix, Safeway and Circle K locations.
Here’s what customers can do:
• If they had trouble logging in to Flagstar, go to flagstar.com/welcome.
• If they have concerns about transactions made as Wells customers over the weekend, those transactions will show in their balances at the end of today, Dec. 4.
• If they would like to add another account holder to their checks, contact us at 888-248-6423 or visit a local branch.
• For other information, visit flagstar.com/welcome, visit a local branch, or call 888-248-6423."
Original Story: Friday, November 30:
Flagstar Bank will welcome 50,970 customers of Wells Fargo Bank in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to the Flagstar family beginning Friday, Nov. 30. That’s when the 52 branches of Wells Fargo Bank in the Midwest slated to be acquired by Flagstar will officially join the Flagstar family.
According to a representative from Flagstar, the company is aware of intermittent problems accessing their website Friday morning, but they are working to correct it.
The transition from Wells Fargo to Flagstar in the Upper Peninsula will launch Friday, Nov. 30, at 3 p.m., when branches will close and remain closed over the weekend. The branches will reopen as Flagstar Monday, Dec. 3, with normal business hours. While signs will change, customers will see the same familiar faces and staff in their bank branch.
Over the past several weeks, Flagstar has communicated directly with customers to prepare for a smooth transition and to share the information below. It is provided here as a reminder, with additional details and answers to questions available at //flagstar.com/welcomewells.
• Customers should activate their Flagstar Bank Debit/ATM card as soon as they receive it and begin using their new card Dec. 1. Cards may be activated by calling 844-368-1838. Be sure to listen to all prompts before entering the requested information.
- Wells Fargo debit cards will no longer work after Nov. 30.
• Beginning 9 a.m. ET, Monday, Dec. 3, customers can enroll in and begin using Flagstar Online Banking at flagstar.com, or download the new Flagstar Mobile app.
- Online banking will not be available over the weekend. Please plan accordingly.
• Customers will be able to use their Flagstar Debit card for transactions over the weekend. Transactions made during “conversion weekend” may not immediately appear on account balances when customers log in to online or mobile banking. Updates will be completed by end of day Tuesday, Dec. 4.
• Customers will receive new Flagstar deposit account checks prior to the transition and should begin using them Dec. 1.
- Initial checks will contain the primary account holder’s name only. Customers will have the option to reorder checks with the names of all account signers.
Customer Need-to-Know Info:
• ATMs at some bank branch locations will be temporarily unavailable from late in the day Nov. 30 through Dec. 4. However, Flagstar’s extensive network of 56,000 fee-free ATMs via the Allpoint and Presto networks will give customers access to cash over the weekend and beyond. These ATMs are available at most CVS, Walgreens, Target, Kroger, Publix, Safeway and Circle K locations. Visit //flagstar.com/locations to find an ATM near you.
• To ensure a smooth transition, customers should not make, schedule, or modify any funds transfers, bill payments, Zelle payments, eBills, ACH, wire, or other transactions in Wells Fargo online banking after 12 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov.30. These transactions will not transfer to Flagstar.
Flagstar Bank is proud to begin serving these customers in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Flagstar sees customers for who they are—and where they want to go—so they can craft solutions for each personal and business banking customer.
Customers can call 888-248-6423, Monday -Friday 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. ET, Saturday 8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. ET, or stop by their local branch, or visit //flagstar.com/welcomewells for more details.