LIVE UPDATES: Power outages continue Thursday across Upper Michigan after freezing rain
UPPER MICHIGAN (WLUC) - Power outages continued in Upper Michigan Thursday morning after freezing rain and sleet on Wednesday mixed with wet snow.
Utility crews worked through the night and expect to make considerable progress Thursday.
Big Bay de Noc School closed Thursday because of a power outage. Schools near the Wisconsin state line and in Houghton and Keweenaw counties delayed the start of classes Thursday because of icy side roads.
- Click here to see Alger Delta Cooperative Electric Association’s outage map.
- Click here to see Cloverland Electric’s outage map.
- Click here to see Marquette Board of Light and Power’s outage map.
- Click here to see UPPCO’s outage map.
- Click here to see We Energies’ outage map.
- Click here to see Xcel Energy’s outage map.
Stay up to date with UPPCO on its Twitter.
And watch Facebook for updates from Cloverland Electric Cooperative.
Remember to stay away from downed power lines and assume they are energized. Report downed lines to your electric utility or local law enforcement. Click here for more power outage safety and preparation tips.
Copyright 2022 WLUC. All rights reserved.