Advertisement

No injuries reported, muliple animals dead after structure fire in L’Anse

Courtesy: David Roth
Courtesy: David Roth(WLUC)
Published: Apr. 6, 2021 at 2:19 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) - Update: April 7, 2:30p.m.:

According to the L’Anse Fire Department the fire was caused by a gas can that was ignited on the porch of the building.

-----

Original Story:

The L’Anse Fire Department was called out to a fire at a two-story apartment building on Spruce St around 10p.m on Monday, April 5.

When firefighters arrived, the building was in flames. Crews were on scene for around four and a half hours putting out the fire.

According to the L’Anse Fire Chief, everyone was able to get out of the building and no injuries were reported. Multiple animals that were in the building died in the fire.

The Baraga Fire Department and Bay Ambulance assisted on the scene.

Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.