Advertisement

Dryer fire at King Koin Laundromat

Avoid dryer fires by regularly cleaning your dryer’s lint trap
The Marquette City Fire Department responded to a call at King Koin laundromat this morning
The Marquette City Fire Department responded to a call at King Koin laundromat this morning(WLUC)
Published: Mar. 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) - A small fire at a Marquette laundromat Tuesday morning is an important reminder about preventing fires in your home.

At 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, the Marquette City Fire Department responded to a dryer fire at King Koin Laundromat on Third Street.

The fire was quickly put out, although it could have spread if a passerby didn’t notice smoke coming from the building.

Marquette firefighter Dan Pruner says dryer fires are easily prevented by regularly cleaning your dryer’s lint trap.

“Dryer fires happen. Clean out your dryer vents. It’s a common thing that happens in homes,” warns Pruner. “The dryer vents get plugged with lint so, yep. Clean the filter every time and you know, once a year maybe clean out the metal pipe that goes outside.”

King Koin had to close for cleaning following the fire, but reopened Tuesday afternoon.

Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.