Menominee County Sheriff invites public to celebrate National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
On January 9th, multiple organizations will celebrate Law Enforcement Appreciation Day as a time to show gratitude for the difficult career that law enforcement officers have chosen.
MENOMINEE COUNTY, Mich. (WLUC) - On Saturday, January 9th, multiple organizations will celebrate Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, according to a press release from Menominee County Sheriff Mike Holmes. It is a day to celebrate officers for the difficult career that they have chosen. According to the release, it is important this year in particular to celebrate law enforcement officers, who have continued to perform their duties with the added stress of COVID-19.
The public can show support by:
- wearing blue
- sending a card of support to local agencies
- giving blood in the national Blue Blood drive
- displaying a blue light at home
- dropping off treats or lunch at a local department
- saying thank you to officers who are working that day
The national day of recognition began in 2015.
Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.