Upper Michigan counties report 12 coronavirus deaths Wednesday
The U.P. also added more than 130 new cases.
MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) - Upper Michigan added 131 coronavirus cases and 12 new deaths on Wednesday.
In Upper Michigan, the latest cases, deaths, and recoveries added are as follows (counties listed alphabetically):
- Alger: 0 cases
- Baraga: 24 cases, 4 deaths
- Chippewa: 5 cases, 1 death
- Delta: 10 cases
- Dickinson: 17 cases, 6 deaths, 18 recoveries
- Gogebic: 4 cases
- Houghton: 27 cases
- Iron: 6 cases, 6 recoveries
- Keweenaw: 0 cases
- Luce: 1 case
- Mackinac: 0 cases
- Marquette: 20 cases, 1 death
- Menominee: 15 cases
- Ontonagon: 0 cases
- Schoolcraft: 2 cases
As of Wednesday, Nov. 25, at 5:00 p.m. eastern, there have been a total of 11,223 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Upper Peninsula during this outbreak. Of those, at least 5,748 are considered recovered and 227 have resulted in death.
The seven-day average for positive tests in the U.P. sits at 16.8%. The MI Safe Start Map breaks down testing and case trends by county.
COVID-19 hospitalizations, out of the 10 U.P. hospitals and health systems reporting, show 96 COVID-19 patients in Upper Michigan as of Monday, Nov. 23. Of those, 27 are in the intensive care unit (ICU). Data wasn’t updated on Nov. 25. This data is available through MDHHS. Details are below, listed alphabetically:
- Aspirus Iron River: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 17% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Ironwood: 7 patients with 2 in ICU, 44% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Keweenaw, Laurium: 3 patients with 3 in ICU, 32% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Ontonagon: Zero patients, 20% bed occupancy
- Baraga County Memorial Hospital, L’Anse: 5 patients with zero in ICU, 53% bed occupancy
- Dickinson County Healthcare System, Iron Mountain: 7 patients with 4 in ICU, 39% bed occupancy
- Helen Joy Newberry Hospital: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 21% bed occupancy
- Mackinac Straits Hospital, St. Ignace: 1 patient with zero in ICU, 13% bed occupancy
- Munising Memorial Hospital: Zero patients, 21% bed occupancy
- OSF St. Francis Hospital, Escanaba: 13 patients with 4 in ICU, 59% bed occupancy
- Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital, Manistique: Zero patients, 17% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Bell, Ishpeming: 4 patients with zero in ICU, 52% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Marquette: 33 patients with 10 in ICU, 69% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Portage, Hancock: 3 patients with zero in ICU, 85% bed occupancy
- War Memorial Hospital - Sault Ste. Marie: 16 patients with 4 in ICU, 92% bed occupancy
Out of the 197,184 diagnostic test results reported to the state from Upper Michigan for the entire coronavirus pandemic, 5.50% percent have come back positive for COVID-19 as of Nov. 24.
Michigan reported 4,273 new cases Nov. 25. So, the state’s total cases are up to324,779. Statewide, 73 new deaths were reported. In total, 8,761 people in Michigan have died from complications with the virus. Current statewide recoveries are at 152,267. The statewide recovery total is updated each Saturday on the MDHHS website.
For continuing coronavirus coverage from TV6 & FOX UP, visit uppermichiganssource.com/coronavirus.
TV6 & FOX UP aggregates data from the MDHHS and local health departments.
Copyright 2020 WLUC. All rights reserved.