UPDATE: Upper Michigan adds 276 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, state adds nearly 7.6K
There are 89 COVID-19 patients in UP hospitals, with 21 in the intensive care unit.
MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) - UPDATE: Upper Michigan added 276 coronavirus cases and 11 new deaths on Thursday.
The latest cases, deaths, and recoveries added are as follows (counties listed alphabetically):
- Alger: 1 case, 1 death, 15 recoveries
- Baraga: 8 cases, 5 recoveries
- Chippewa: 57 cases
- Delta: 84 cases
- Dickinson: 9 cases, 28 recoveries
- Gogebic: (-7 cases), 2 deaths, 46 recoveries
- Houghton: 25 cases, 2 deaths, 8 recoveries
- Iron: 5 cases, 12 recoveries
- Keweenaw: 2 cases
- Luce: 5 cases, 9 recoveries
- Mackinac: 3 cases,14 recoveries
- Marquette: 63 cases, 1 death
- Menominee: 13 cases, 1 death
- Ontonagon: (-3 cases), 3 deaths, 11 recoveries
- Schoolcraft: 1 case, 1 death, 13 recoveries
As of Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6:25 p.m. eastern, there have been a total of 10,299 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Upper Peninsula during this outbreak. Of those, at least 4,602 are considered recovered and 199 have resulted in death.
The seven-day average for positive tests in the U.P. sits at 12.3%. The MI Safe Start Map breaks down testing and case trends by county.
COVID-19 hospitalizations, out of the 10 U.P. hospitals and health systems reporting, show 89 COVID-19 patients in Upper Michigan as of Thursday, Nov. 19. Of those, 21 are in the intensive care unit (ICU). This data is available through MDHHS. Details are below, listed alphabetically:
- Aspirus Iron River: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 30% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Ironwood: 3 patients with 3 in ICU, 50% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Keweenaw, Laurium: 2 patients with 2 in ICU, 19% bed occupancy
- Aspirus Ontonagon: Zero patients, 20% bed occupancy
- Baraga County Memorial Hospital, L’Anse: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 40% bed occupancy
- Dickinson County Healthcare System, Iron Mountain: 6 patients with zero in ICU, 39% bed occupancy
- Helen Joy Newberry Hospital: 3 patients with zero in ICU, 21% bed occupancy
- Mackinac Straits Hospital, St. Ignace: 1 patient with zero in ICU, 20% bed occupancy
- Munising Memorial Hospital: Zero patients, 29% bed occupancy
- OSF St. Francis Hospital, Escanaba: 7 patients with 3 in ICU, 53% bed occupancy
- Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital, Manistique: 1 patient with zero in ICU, 42% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Bell, Ishpeming: 8 patients with zero in ICU, 68% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Marquette: 38 patients with 10 in ICU, 69% bed occupancy
- UP Health System - Portage, Hancock: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 80% bed occupancy
- War Memorial Hospital - Sault Ste. Marie: 14 patients with 3 in ICU, 77% bed occupancy
Out of the 187,219 diagnostic test results reported to the state from Upper Michigan for the entire coronavirus pandemic, 5.52% percent have come back positive for COVID-19 as of Nov. 19.
Michigan reported 7,592 new cases Nov. 19. So, the state’s total cases are up to 285,398. Statewide, 134 new deaths were reported, with 61 from vital records review. In total, 8,324 people in Michigan have died from complications with the virus. Current statewide recoveries are at 138,862. The statewide recovery total is updated each Saturday on the MDHHS website.
For continuing coronavirus coverage from TV6 & FOX UP, visit uppermichiganssource.com/coronavirus.
TV6 & FOX UP aggregates data from the MDHHS and local health departments.
Copyright 2020 WLUC. All rights reserved.