Public Safety: Young boy spots Kingsford house fire

KINGSFORD, Mich. (WLUC) - A young boy playing outside in Kingsford Tuesday morning spotted smoke coming from a home where a 91-year-old man was found unconscious in his bedroom.

According to Kingsford Public Safety, the boy saw smoke coming from the eaves of a home at 1705 Sherman Street, ran inside and told his grandmother. She called 911.

Officers responded at 9:29 a.m. to the house and found the 91-year-old man unconscious in his bedroom. Officers took him outside, and Beacon Ambulance cared for the man. He was taken to Dickinson County Memorial Hospital and admitted for observation.

Officers say they determined the fire started in the attic area above the kitchen. The fire was contained to that area. Officers cleared the scene around 11:00 a.m.

Beacon Ambulance, the Dickinson County Sheriff's Department, Wisconsin Electric, DTE and Kingsford Public Works all responded.

Watch TV6 and FOX UP for the latest information.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus