Ontonagon structure fire leaves home unlivable

By  | 

ONTONAGON, Mich. (WLUC) - Ontonagon Fire Department responded to a structure fire this past Saturday around 6:44 p.m.

The fire started in the kitchen and was contained there. There was extensive smoke damage throughout the home, which made the home unlivable.

Officials were on scene for about four hours. The owner of the home was not there during the fire, but her two cats did not make it.

Fire Department Chief, Jerry Reem, said the definite cause will not be released, but he is thinking it is electrical.

They were assisted by Rockland Fire Department, Aspirus EMS, and Sonco Ambulance.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus