MANISTIQUE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WLUC) - At 4:08 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 5, Manistique Public Safety and Volunteer Firefighters were dispatched to the report of a vehicle fire at 867N Gardapee Road in Manistique Township.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers found a pickup truck fully engulfed in flames, and the owner had exited the vehicle and was safely standing on the side of the road. The investigation determined that truck owner, Robert Lamar of Manistique, was pulling a trailer containing hay with his 1974 Ford F-150 pickup truck when he became stuck off the roadway. The vehicle then overheated, the engine compartment caught on fire and then fully engulfed in flames.
There were no injuries as a result.
Manistique Public Safety and Volunteer Firefighters were assisted on the scene by a Germfask Township fire officer who came upon the fire, Michigan State Police and Sault Tribal Police.