Grease fire reported at Kingsford's Hong Kong Buffet

MGN

KINGSFORD, Mich. (WLUC) - Kingsford Public Safety responded to a grease fire Tuesday evening at Hong Kong Buffet.

According to a press release, Kingsford Public Safety recieved a 911 call at 5:53 p.m. about a fire at the restaurant located at 620 S. Carpenter Ave.

When officers arrived on scene, they determined there had been a grease fire on the stove that extended up the ventilation system. Officers say the fire suppresion system above the stove activated and extinguished the fire, which was contained to the stove and ventilation system.

There was no damage, officers say. They ventilated the kitchen area and cleared the scene at 6:25 p.m.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus